Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Why I think everyone should give cruising a try!

I have to admit that for the longest time I did not think a cruise vacation was for me.  After all, you are stuck on a big boat (it seemed so impersonal) and all there would be to do is lay around the pool and eat.  Forget about seeing new sites and being spontaneous!  Besides, cruises are expensive and the cabins are tiny.  Well, as it turns out I could not be more wrong!

I recently traveled with my mother on a 7 day MSC cruise to the Caribbean.  We had an amazing time.  We had a balcony stateroom that was generous in size.  The ship was beautiful and offered so many activities it was difficult to make time for all those that interested me.   My short list of activities include dance lessons, Italian lessons, wine tasting and watching movies under the stars.  Of course we visited exotic ports which included St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Nassau!    And the ship's crew was amazing!  They made us feel welcome and pampered!  I really did not want to get off the ship to return to reality.  And the reality is that these days a cruise vacation could not be a better value!  So much is included that with a cruise vacation you really end up getting so much more than you paid for!


Mary Chiara

No comments:

Post a Comment